Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Drank No. 9: Memorable checks


The Hide is one of my favorite bars in London. It’s just south of The City (what the dead center of town is called, essentially London’s Wall Street), across the Thames in Bermondsey, due east of teeming Borough Market. It’s run by a kind fellow named Paul who also writes its email newsletter which I recommend subscribing to since it's about far more than what's going on at the bar; I almost always learn something from it. It’s posted as a blog at http://www.bloodandsand.com/.

When your evening is over and you ask for the check at The Hide this is what comes. A single figure, written on a business card. Very discreet and charming.



What’s even more fun is what’s on back.



I bet lots of people keep these, like me.

No comments: