Monday, February 6, 2012

What's Drank?


A couple folks have asked that I include notes on wine and booze in ZMO Journal, something I haven't posted about very much. By coincidence or synchronicity or whatever, it happens that I write a once-in-awhile set of bar notes to a small group of readers. I send it out as a letter but I haven't posted it here. Now I will.

I'll call it Drank, and it's primarily about bars, bar design, and observations on the things we drink, primarily cocktails and wine. In the same way that ZMO Journal is primarily addressed to the crew at Zingerman's Mail order this was originally written for bartenders and the folks at Zingerman's Roadhouse and a few others I know in the bar world. Its subject and tone is also like ZMO Journal: industry and business notes for folks in this industry and business. But in the same way the ZMO Journal has found a wider readership I think the same might be true for the bar journal. Well, who knows, but it can't hurt!

I'll post past issues of Drank in reverse order over the next couple months, starting with the most recent and going back to the first letter I wrote a few years ago. Future posts will go out by letter as usual and will also be posted here.

Thanks for reading.


No comments: